The First Church Food Pantry is open today from 3:00 to 5:00. All who need some assistance with getting meals on the table are welcome to receive a bag of groceries. We’re located at 332 Baynes Street. Please use the parking lot entrance. Delivery can be arranged if necessary. Please message the church.
This Sunday all are welcome to come and receive a free flu shot. During this challenging season, we must do what can to protect ourselves. While these shots do not protect from COVID 19, they will help us all with another problem that happens during this time of year. Representatives from Rite Aid Pharmacy will be offering the shots at the church from 12:30 to 1:30.
All who come will be subject to temperature screening and will need to wear masks while in the building. Social distancing will be enforced, meaning only members of the same household will be allowed in the area at one time.
Here are our church announcements from last Sunday:
- Food Pantry: The food pantry has been seeing increased demand in recent weeks. We could use more donations of fresh produce and canned goods. Feel free to drop your donations at the church on Thursday during the pantry hours from 3:00 to 5:00. We also would welcome some more hands to organize and pack bags for our guests.
- Grief Share is going well. Please spread the word to anyone who might benefit from being a part of this journey with supportive people who will help them as they heal from their loss.
- We’re looking for more people to join our prayer team. If you’re interested, please contact pastor Scott. Also, feel free to invite anyone who needs prayer to either call or message the church for prayer at any time.
- Wednesday Bible Study: meeting by Zoom this week. If you would like a link to the meeting, message the church.
- Join our Facebook group to join our conversations about what God is doing and ways we can live and share the love of Jesus.
The First Church Food Pantry is open today from 3:00 to 5:00. Anyone is welcome to receive a bag or box of groceries. Come to the church at 332 Baynes Street (the corner of Baynes and Potomac). We’ll be at the parking lot entrance. We can also arrange deliveries when necessary. Email or message the church for assistance.
Worship with us today!
Bless the Lord oh my soul. Let all that is within me praise God’s Holy Name! We are excited to worship the Lord this morning. Join us in person at 11:00 or online here at Facebook Live. Today, our message is “Are You in Debt?” Our focus is the idea of a debt of love and God’s amazing grace.
Here is some information to help you participate in worship online:
- The response to our interactive opening prayer is “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!”
- Today’s songs are Victory In Jesus and Amazing Grace.
- The scripture readings are Romans 13:8-14 and Matthew 18:15-20
- Please leave a prayer request in the comment section so that we can celebrate God’s kindness and discern God’s will with you.
- Share an offering in our app in Givelify or send a check to the church.
We’re looking forward to worshipping with you. Have a blessed Lord’s day everyone!
We are thrilled to share that First Church is worshipping in-person again. Our services are also available online via Facebook Live. There are several new procedures in place to keep everyone as safe as possible and combat the spread of COVID 19.
Please note the changes below:
- We strongly encourage everyone in a high-risk population to continue worshiping with us online. While we would love to see you in person, please make the best decision for yourself and your loved ones.
- Everyone must enter through the parking lot door. No other doors will be open for entry.
- Everyone must have a mask or an appropriate facial covering. If you need a mask, we will have some available. The mask is to be worn at all times while in the church.
- Everyone must have their temperature checked and sanitize their hands before entering the building.
- Once inside, members of the same household may sit together. People may only sit in designated pews and areas. The available spaces are marked so that we can maintain social distancing in the sanctuary.
The Leadership Team and some of our sisters and brothers have taken extraordinary measures to help clean, disinfect, and ventilate the church so that we can begin worshipping together again. It is critically important that we follow these guidelines to keep each other safe. If you have questions, feel free to message, email, or call the church.
Join us for worship this Sunday!
Join us on Facebook Live for the following services as we celebrate the holiest time of the Christian year.
Holy Thursday: Thursday, April 9, at 7:00 PM
Good Friday Community Ecumenical Service: Friday, April 10, 12:00 noon to 3:00 PM
hosted by St. John’s Grace Episcopal Church
available via Zoom via computer or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/129327034
or join by phone (audio only) at +1 929 205 6099 US (New York); Enter 129 327 034 # when prompted.
Good Friday: Friday, April 10, at 7:00 PM
Easter Sunrise Service: Sunday, April 12, at 7:00 AM
Easter Worship: Sunday, April 12, at 11:00 AM
Dear First Church Family,
Based on guidelines issued by New York State, we are canceling all in-person gatherings including in-person worship services through April 15th. We will reassess things at that time. All worship services will be conducted online via Facebook live. Sunday School and Wednesday Bible Study will be conducted online via Zoom. If you would like to join us, please email the church for an invitation.
All Holy Week worship activities, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise Service, and Easter Worship, will happen online via Facebook live. Click here to like the First United Methodist Church of Buffalo on Facebook so that you can participate in our online worship experiences.
Dear First Church Family,
The current coronavirus pandemic continues to impact daily life in numerous ways. Based on new guidelines issued by the federal government, we are canceling all in-person gatherings including worship services effective immediately through April 1st. We will reassess things at that time. Worship will be conducted online via Facebook live for the next two Sundays, March 22 and 29. Sunday School and Wednesday Bible Study will be conducted online, also. If you would like to join us, please email the church for an invitation to these online meetings.
During this challenging time, let us remember the words of our Lord, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27. Navigating the possibilities of potential lost income, diminished contact with friends, and contracting a serious illness is stressful and frightening. When those thoughts and feelings come, hold on to Christ. Trust His promises, and seek His presence. True peace of mind is not the product of our daily circumstances. Peace flows from a relationship with Him, which leads to confidence in God’s love, grace, and power. The presence of a challenge is not the same as the absence of God. Trust that God is with us and will see us through this.
Please call or email the church if you need access to the church pantry or any other assistance.