Announcements for March 14-20:
Church Workday Tomorrow, Saturday, March 20, 1:00-4:00:
Come out for a great time of fellowship as we work on various projects around the church building. We’ll be packing our take-home Holy Week kits for those who are worshipping online. They will contain materials for Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter worship. We also have work to do in the pantry and DFO (Do For Others) room. Email, message, or text the church so we have an idea how many folks will be coming. Everyone will need to pass COVID screening and remain masked while inside. We’re also asking anyone who comes tomorrow to bring some items for the food pantry if possible. Today’s deliveries will use a lot of what we have in stock.
Disciple I Bible Study: We’ve had two great sessions of the study. All are welcome to join this program that offers an extensive read of the Bible over the next few months. We gather online. If you’d like to join us, message or email the church.
Food Pantry: our ministry to those who need some food assistance is going well. Our shelves are always in need of new supplies. This week we need more cereals, pasta, and sauces. We’ve recently had very generous donations of bread and cabbage. If you know of anyone who might be able to use some of this, share the news with them. Also, offer a prayer of thanks for those who gave so generously to this ministry.
Holy Week Schedule (all services are online only except the Easter Service):
- Maundy Thursday, April 1, 7:00 – All are welcome to share this powerful remembrance of all that happened that night like no other night.
- Good Friday Community Ecumenical Service: 12:00 – 3:00 Pastors for churches in our neighborhood will be offering messages based on the last seven words of Christ. Pastor Scott will b preaching from 12:00 – 12:30.
- Good Friday, April 2, 7:00 – First Church will pause and remember that crucifixion of Jesus
- Easter Sunrise Service, April 4, 7:00 AM – Wake up with us as we celebrate the news that changed the world.
- Easter Service: April 4, 11:00 – join us as we celebrate the day of days and the Lord’s ultimate triumph.
- Jean, Lee, Rich, and Anita for healing
- Joyce for a safe home for her family as well as physical and emotional healing