Announcements for March 28-April 4:
Holy Week Schedule:
As we enter this sacred time of year, I hope that everyone is intentional about reading the story in the Bible. to Have an understanding of the profound love that God shows over this week. All of the Holy Week services are online only except the 11:00 AM Easter Service. If you still need one of our home worship packets that contain a palm, communion elements, and nails, please message, email, or text the church:
- Maundy Thursday, April 1, 7:00 – All are welcome to share this powerful remembrance of all that happened that night like no other night.
- Good Friday Community Ecumenical Service: 12:00 – 3:00 Pastors for churches in our neighborhood will be offering messages based on the last seven words of Christ. Pastor Scott will b preaching from 12:15 – 12:40. Message the church for the link to the service.
- Good Friday, April 2, 7:00 – First Church will pause and remember that crucifixion of Jesus
- Easter Sunrise Service, April 4, 7:00 AM – Wake up with us as we celebrate the news that changed the world.
- Easter Service: April 4, 11:00 – join us as we celebrate the day of days and the Lord’s ultimate triumph.
Disciple I Bible Study: We’ve some great conversations and learning as a part of this study. All are welcome to join this program that offers an extensive read of the Bible over the next few months. We gather online. If you’d like to join us, message or email the church.
Food Pantry: our ministry to those who need some food assistance is going well. Our shelves are always in need of new supplies. This week we need more produce and meats. We’ve recently had very generous donations of bread and cabbage. If you know of anyone who might be able to use some of this, share the news with them. Also, offer a prayer of thanks for those who gave so generously to this ministry.
- Jean, Lee, Rich, Anita, and Charlotte for healing
- Provy’s niece’s daughter who is experiencing an unexpected health problem
- Joyce for her father’s healing and job opportunities
- Cindy and Mae who are grieving the loss of loved ones
- Thanks for Kyle and Rachel expecting a baby this summer