Announcements for Aug. 1-7
Joys and Concerns for Prayer:
- Healing: Jean, Lee, Anita,
- Melissa and Bill are asking for prayers for their brother/son William.
- Robin, Pat, Joyce all asking for prayer for family concerns
- Deborah and Mae asking for prayers
- Prayers of thanks for Mark and his team who helped us out as they worked on the house next door.
- Prayers for God’s leadership and intervention in the violence in our city and nation.
- Prayers for more fruitfulness and more opportunities to live and share the love of Jesus as God calls us.
August 8: Worship on the lawn and church picnic – After postponing because of the weather last week, we’re looking forward to our time worshipping outside on our front lawn this coming Sunday. I’ll update everyone on where we stand on Wednesday morning. It looks like folks have covered most details for the event, but there still may be other ways to serve. Immediately after service, we’ll have a time of fellowship and fun from 1:00 to 4:00.
We’re looking for some more folks to arrive early on Sunday to help with setup. If you can get to the church at 9:30, it would be a huge help!
Food Pantry: God continues to bless others because of your generosity! Cereals, pasta, and produce are the primary needs at this point. If you can donate some of these items this week, you can bring them during regular pantry hours or contact the church to arrange a drop-off time. Please consider volunteering some time to help with deliveries if possible.
The church is looking for a refrigerator for the pantry to store some of the perishable goods. If anyone knows where we might find one, contact Pastor Scott.
Bible Study: Our Bible study continues helping people discover new truths and get closer to God. This week our focus is the gospel of Luke. We’ll be studying the idea of how Jesus goes to those who the least and the lost in the world. You don’t have to be completing the Disciple I curriculum to join our conversations. Anyone is welcome to listen and participate as they wish. We keep it real, and we have a great time. If you’d like the link, contact the church.
Adult Sunday School: If you would like to join an interesting conversation about applying Jesus’ teachings and other Biblical principles to your life, this is the place for you. The book and coffee are provided. Just come on out.
Mark Your Calendars:
- August 8 – Worship on the lawn; church cookout
- August 25 – Community Dinner
- August 29 – Back to School Sunday
- September 29 – Community Dinner
- October 2 – Health Fair