Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Today is the second Sunday of Advent, and we continue our journey to the manger and the birth of the Savior of the world. We’re in the middle of a series inspired by a book called “The Heart that Grew Three Sizes” by Matt Rawle, which discusses lessons of faith found in the story of the Grinch. This week we’ll explore “When Christmas Just Doesn’t Feel Like Christmas.” Have you ever had an experience of doing all the right things, but they don’t produce the desired result? How does that land on your heart and soul? Click here to join us this morning in person at 11:00 AM, live on Facebook then, or watch any time of Facebook or Youtube to find out how to keep Grinchiness out of your heart and let more Jesus into it.
Here is some information to help you participate if you’re joining us online:
- The response to our interactive opening prayer is, “Be light for our darkness.”
- Today’s songs are “It Came Upon the Midnight Clear” and “I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light.” Look up the words online, and you can sing along.
- The scripture reading is Luke 1:26-33.
- Please let us know how God is moving in your life. You can leave a celebration and/or prayer request in the comment section so that we can celebrate God’s kindness and discern God’s will with you.
- Share an offering in our app in Givelify or send a check to the church.
We’re looking forward to worshipping with you. Have a blessed Lord’s day, everyone!