Announcements for January 2 – 8:
Joys and Concerns for Prayer:
- Healing: Jean, Lee, Ken, Joanna, Lucy, Corey R., Margaret, Gary
- Personal challenges: Lorne, Merlene,
- For everyone as we face the omicron variant and new risks from COVID
- Prayers for more fruitfulness and more opportunities to live and share the love of Jesus as God calls us.
- Food Pantry:
- Pantry hours are changing starting next week. We will be moving our Tuesday hours to Wednesday from 6:00 – 8:00.
- Needs this week: Toiletries, paper products, soups, jelly, peanut butter, and oil, are the primary needs this week. If you can donate some of these items, you can bring them during regular pantry hours or contact the church to arrange a drop-off time. Please consider volunteering some time to help with deliveries if possible.
- Consider driving for deliveries. We need more people to share this work. Please consider whether you might be able to give 15-20 minutes after service or any time that’s convenient for you.
- Wednesday Bible Study: Our Wednesday night bible study will be starting its hybrid format on January 12. This means you can come to the church and participate in person as well as online via Zoom. Elijah, the fiery prophet who challenged those worshipping other gods, will be our focus. Email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join the conversation.
- Sunday Bible Study: If you would like to join an interesting conversation about applying Jesus’ teachings and other Biblical principles to your life, this is the place for you. The book and coffee are provided. Just come on out on Sunday morning at 10:00.
Mark Your Calendars:
- January 26 at 6:00 PM – Monthly community dinner
- February 23 at 6:00 PM – Monthly Community dinner
- March 2 at 6:00 PM – Ash Wednesday Service