Announcements for January 9-15:
Joys and Concerns for Prayer:
- Healing: Jean, Lee, Ken, Joanna, Lucy, Corey R., Margaret, Gary, Brother John, Melissa’s Mom/Bill’s wife, Jeff M.
- Diana for Aaron’s day program
- Personal challenges: Lorne, Merlene
- For everyone as we face the omicron variant and new risks from COVID
- Prayers for more fruitfulness and more opportunities to live and share the love of Jesus as God calls us.
- Food Pantry:
- Pantry hours are changing starting next week. We will be moving our Tuesday hours to Wednesday from 6:00 – 8:00.
- Food Pantry: God continues to bless others because of your generosity! Needs this week: Toiletries, paper products, bread, and cooking oil, are the primary needs this week. If you can donate some of these items, you can bring them during regular pantry hours or contact the church to arrange a drop-off time. Please consider volunteering some time to help with deliveries if possible.
- Consider driving for deliveries. We need more people to share this work. Please consider whether you might be able to give 15-20 minutes after service or any time that’s convenient for you.
- Wednesday Bible Study: Our Wednesday night bible study will be starting its hybrid format on January 12. This means you can come to the church and participate in person as well as online via Zoom. Elijah, the fiery prophet who challenged those worshipping other gods, will be our focus. Email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join the conversation.
- Sunday Bible Study: If you would like to join an interesting conversation about applying Jesus’ teachings and other Biblical principles to your life, this is the place for you. The book and coffee are provided. Just come on out on Sunday morning at 10:00.
- Our next Community Dinner will be Wednesday, January 26. Feel free to invite others to enjoy a time of fellowship. We will be maintaining appropriate distancing and masking except while actively eating. People can also receive dinners to take home. We could also use one or two more volunteers to help in the kitchen that evening.
- This month we will be painting our Fellowship Hall. We’re looking for some volunteers to help with this project. If you are able to donate some time or painting tools, please let us know in the comments below. We’re choosing the best dates based on when we can get the best turnout. It will most likely be a Saturday morning/afternoon. If we have enough people present, we’ll provide a pizza lunch for everyone.
Mark Your Calendars:
- January 26 at 6:00 PM – Monthly Community Dinner
- February 23 at 6:00 PM – Monthly Community Dinner
- March 2 at 6:00 PM – Ash Wednesday Service
- March 19 – 12:00 PM – Spring Community Health Fair