Are you good at resisting temptations? We all get tempted to do things that we know we shouldn’t do. Whether it’s eating too many sweets, failing to do a chore, being dishonest about why we need to miss work, or doing something more serious, we all face temptations. If you’ve ever wanted to get stronger against these things, this morning is for you. We’ll do a deep dive into Jesus’ time in the wilderness. He gives us the model for resisting temptations, and something even better. Join us this morning to learn what to do when you’re “Tempted.”
Click here for the video. We’ll be live on Facebook at 11:00, or you can watch at any time on Facebook or Youtube.
Here is some information to help you participate if you’re joining us online:
- The response to our interactive opening prayer is, “Gracious God, be merciful to us in our sin and indifference.”
- Today’s songs are “Lord Who Throughout These Forty Days” and “Lamb of God.” Look up the words online, and you can sing along.
- The Bible reading is Matthew 4:1-11.
- Please let us know how God is moving in your life. You can leave a celebration and/or prayer request in the comment section so that we can celebrate God’s kindness and discern God’s will with you.
- Share an offering in our app in Givelify or send a check to the church.
We’re looking forward to worshipping with you. Have a blessed Lord’s day, everyone!